The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has made health insurance coverage available to all Americans. As a sole practitioner or owner of a small firm who is looking for an alternative to, or does not provide, group health benefits to your employees, an easy-to-use solution is now available―at no cost to you.
To help its members, the AICPA has selected Aon, the global leader in health benefits, to provide you with access to a private, individual health insurance exchange—Aon Health PLUSSM. This program is designed to offer a wide array of individual health insurance options that meet or exceed ACA requirements, while providing expert assistance to help take the complexity out of the shopping and enrollment processes.
What if we missed open enrollment?
If you or your employees experience a qualifying life event, you or they may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period allowing for the purchase of a plan outside of open enrollment. Examples include getting married, having a child, relocating to an area with different coverage options, or losing job-based health coverage. Special Enrollment Periods generally last 60 days from the qualifying life event. To determine eligibility, please call 1.877.217.0575 to speak with a licensed advisor or visit aicpa.aonhealthplus.com.
What does this mean for you?
As a valued member of the AICPA, you can now choose quality individual health coverage for yourself and provide that same option to the employees of your firm. By offering Aon Health PLUS to your employees, you benefit by:
- Providing access to health coverage at no cost to you
- Avoiding the hassles of administering a group health plan
- Reducing the time investment needed for set-up
- Offering a solid benefits program that helps attract and retain employees
- Fostering a happy, healthy workplace―which can equal a productive workplace
Your employees will appreciate that you are concerned about their well-being, which may help strengthen their commitment to your firm. You’ll be giving them ready access to valued individual health insurance in an easy-to-understand manner, and helping them to avoid tax penalties associated with going uninsured.
The Aon Difference
By working with Aon, you and your employees receive education, guidance and access to individual health insurance backed by a support team that helps ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- The ability to shop online or by phone with the support of highly trained, licensed agents
- An easy-to-use web platform that takes the complexity out of enrolling in health insurance
- Access to 23,000 health plans from 200+ reputable carriers nationwide―more options than any other marketplace, including healthcare.gov
- The ability to view health plans ranked by their preferences―including by physicians―not just by monthly premiums
- Assistance determining eligibility for federal tax credits
- Access to a solution that offers multiple health insurance plans to best suit your needs, as well as the needs of your employees
- The ability to offer your employees (including part-timers) individual health insurance
- A toolbox of communications that makes it easy to get your message out to employees
- Assistance from a support team that provides guidance through the set-up process
Individual vs. Group Coverage
Individual health insurance plans have several advantages over group insurance plans:
- Simplicity: Less administrative work for the company
- Choice: More available plan options for employees
- Savings: Access to plans that meet your employees' needs and budget
- Providers: Employees can select a plan based on the doctors they want to see
- Control: Allows employees to manage their health care decisions
Open Enrollment Dates*
The 2018 Open Enrollment Period for individual health plans begins on November 1, 2017 and ends on December 15, 2017.
How to Get Started
- If you’ve experienced a qualifying life event, please call 1.877.217.0575 to speak with a licensed advisor or visit myaicpa.aonhealthplus.com to determine eligibility.
If you have any questions during the process, please call 1-877-217-0575 to speak with a licensed advisor.
aicpa.aonhealthplus.com • 1-877-217-0575
*Enrolling Outside of the Open Enrollment: Consumers with a qualifying life event are eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. Examples include getting married, relocating to an area with different coverage options, losing job-based health coverage, or experiencing a change in your household size or income. Special Enrollment Periods generally last 60 days from the qualifying life event.
Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. is a licensed producer in (TX 13695), (AR 100106022); in CA & MN, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in OK, AIS Affinity Insurance Services Inc.; in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. (0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency; and in NY, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency.
As part of the Aon Health PLUSSM solution, GetInsured (Vimo, Inc.) provides the software and brokerage services. GetInsured is appointed with health insurance carriers nationwide and is licensed to sell health insurance products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.