As an employer, you may be at risk from the employees you hire, and even those you decide not to hire. In fact, with federal, state and local employment laws protecting employees, there’s an increase in employment-related claims against management. Defending against these claims can be expensive and devastating to your business, even if the claim is without merit.
No matter how diligent you are in running your firm, you could face an employment-related claim as a result of:
- Age, race or gender discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Failure to accommodate the needs of disabled
- Denial of promotion
- Religious discrimination
- Invasion of privacy
- Sexual orientation discrimination
- Failure to make partner
- Third-party allegations
CPA EmployerGard, an Employment Practices Liability and Risk Management Program, offers the coverage you need to help safeguard your firm, plus a wide range of services to help you understand and comply with rapidly expanding federal, state, and local employment laws. It offers you the tools necessary to help you minimize and avoid employment practices liability problems before they escalate to litigation.
Underwritten by a CNA member company, CPA EmployerGard offers limits of $100,000 to $5 million for your defense, settlement and judgment if you are sued for an employment practices-related dispute, including disputes over failure to make partner and claims brought by an employee, client, vendor or other third party.
CPA EmployerGard Features
- Written complaint not required for coverage activation
- Full prior acts coverage available to qualified firms
- Includes third-party claims coverage
- Covers all subsidiaries more than 50% owned at policy inception and disclosed on your application
- Extended claims reporting period available
- Advisory Services to help you navigate employment law
- Beyond HRsm provides online trackable training on retaliation, wrongful termination and harassment
- Legal Hotline for advice on employment and practice management issues
- Consultation services with employment practices experts
- Risk Management newsletters
Regardless of the size of your firm, as an employer, you benefit with CPA EmployerGard.
Click here for IMPORTANT product disclosure information