Under the Affordable Care Act, most Americans must have health insurance or they may face a tax penalty. If you’ve ever shopped for health coverage using the federal exchange, you know it’s a time-consuming, confusing, frustrating process. Nor is it easy to get quick answers.
However, the new law does have its benefits: guaranteed issue, free preventive services, cannot be declined for pre-existing conditions, and the removal of lifetime maximums—giving you unlimited benefits.
The AICPA Steps In
To help its members, the AICPA has selected Aon, the global leader in health benefits, to provide you with access to a private, individual health insurance exchange—Aon Health PLUS. This program is designed to help you find coverage that works for you, while taking the complexity out of enrollment and providing expert assistance.
Aon Health PLUS offers more plan choices than the federal or state exchanges, easy online enrollment and exceptional customer service. With health insurance being required for most Americans, we felt it imperative to offer this solution to our employees. We encourage you to explore the Aon Health PLUS website and use their services.
The Aon Difference
You can shop for individual health insurance online or by phone with the support of highly trained, licensed advisors. When you shop online, you receive access to:
- 23,000 health plans from 200+ reputable carriers nationwide―more options than any other marketplace, including healthcare.gov
- An easy-to-use website that takes the complexity out of shopping for health insurance
- The ability to view health plans ranked by your preferences―including by physicians―not just by monthly premiums
- Assistance determining eligibility for federal tax credits
- Best-in-class decision support tools that help you choose wisely
Open Enrollment Dates*
The 2018 Open Enrollment Period for individual health plans begins on November 1, 2017 and ends on December 15, 2017.
How to Start Shopping
- Visit myaicpa.aonhealthplus.com
- Click ‘Start Shopping,’ then input your zip code, date of birth and if you are a smoker
- Check for tax credits to lower your cost
- Answer four quick questions to customize your results
- View plans scored according to your criteria, including by physicians
- Filter plans according to cost, deductible, insurer, features, etc.
Once you have chosen a plan, the website will prompt you on how to initiate payment.
If you have any questions during any step of the process, please call 1-877-217-0575 to speak with a licensed advisor.
myaicpa.aonhealthplus.com • 1-877-217-0575
*Have You Experienced a Qualifying Life Event?
If you have experienced a qualifying life event, you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period allowing for the purchase of a plan outside of open enrollment. Examples include getting married, having a child, relocating to an area with different coverage options, or losing job-based health coverage. Special Enrollment Periods generally last 60 days from the qualifying life event.
Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. is a licensed producer in (TX 13695), (AR 100106022); in CA & MN, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in OK, AIS Affinity Insurance Services Inc.; in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. (0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency; and in NY, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency.
As part of the Aon Health PLUSSM solution, GetInsured (Vimo, Inc.) provides the software and brokerage services. GetInsured is appointed with health insurance carriers nationwide and is licensed to sell health insurance products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.