AICPA Members may enjoy a special discounted rate1 on Liberty Mutual auto insurance.
You could save $7822 when you switch!
The holidays bring increased travel, parties, family get-togethers, and decorating. By taking some basic precautions, you can help avoid injuries and keep yourself and loved ones safe throughout the holiday season. Here are some tips to follow.
- Since travelling by car during the holiday season means the highest fatality rate* of any major form of transportation, guests you’re hosting who have been drinking alcohol should have a designated driver to get them home safely. When you’re going out, make sure you have the same.
- When driving a distance to visit family or friends, put your cell phone away and make sure to get a good night’s sleep beforehand. Distracted or drowsy driving can easily lead to an accident.
- Holiday decorating leads to an average 17,000 emergency room visits a yearϮ. Keep poisonous plants such as mistletoe, poinsettias, holly berries and amaryllis away from children and pets.
- When decorating, be sure to use indoor lights for inside decorating only, and outdoor lights for outside purposes.
- Choose the right ladder for decorating tasks to help avoid dangerous falls, another big reason for hospital visits during the holiday season. It’s always best to have another adult around when using a ladder.
- Lighted candles and fireplaces mean a greater risk for fire. Use flameless candles near flammable objects and decorations. Don’t burn wrapping paper, wreaths or trees in your fireplace as these are highly flammable.
- Safe food handling can help deter food poisoning. When preparing food for a gathering, be sure to use separate cutting boards for cooked and uncooked meats to avoid cross-contamination.
- When entertaining, try to refrigerate leftovers within two hours of being served.
- More than 250,000 children were seriously injured in toy-related incidents in 2017*. Remember that toys are age-rated for safety reasons, not for a child’s intelligence or ability. Avoid toys that use electricity for children under age 10.
- When giving a scooter, bike or other riding toy, include appropriate safety gear such as a helmet that is sized to fit.
Looking forward to 2020? Resolve to save money on your auto/homeowner’s insurance next year. In fact, AICPA Members could save $7822 on auto/home insurance when switching to Liberty Mutual. Learn more/get a quote or call 877-922-4272 now to get started.
1Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow and may vary by state. Certain discounts apply to specific coverages only. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten, not all applicants may qualify.
2Average annual savings based on countrywide survey of new customers from 8/1/17 to 8/1/18 who reported saving from prior premiums when they switched to Liberty Mutual. Savings comparison does not apply in MA.
Aon Insurance Services is the brand name for the brokerage and program administration operations of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., a licensed producer in all states (TX 13695); (AR 100106022); in CA & MN, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in OK, AIS Affinity Insurance Services Inc.; in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., (CA 0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency and in NY, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency.
© 2019 Aon Insurance Services. All Rights Reserved.